Here is a list of problems with NookPress:
- They told me my bank information didn’t match my tax information, when I know for a fact that they DID match (and it’s worked just fine through Amazon, they’ve even deposited money into my account with no issues whatsoever and all my information is exactly the same on both sites, I checked)
- I clicked the link they told me to and sent them an email asking them to fix it. I was told they’d get back to me after a couple of days. It’s been over two weeks, and I still haven’t heard back.
- The only way they will pay you is through direct deposit. So I can’t just say screw these banking issues and ask for a check at the end of the month.
- I guess they don’t let you change your tax information? (I really should have done more research before I tried to sign up for this…)
- You’re not allowed to delete your account
And I really only have one problem with iBooks:
- In order to upload books to iBooks, you need to download iTunes Producer. In order to download iTunes Producer, you need to have a Mac computer. And no, you can’t download iTunes Producer on an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. It must be a Mac. Which is ridiculous. And that’s kind of a deal-breaker problem because I don’t have a Mac and I don’t want to buy one when I would only ever use it to publish ebooks on one platform that isn’t even my main platform.
So…I didn’t want to have to do this, but I want to go broad with my ebook sales, so I’m going to try an ebook distribution service.
Draft2Digital seems like the best option at the moment (mostly because they allow you to withdraw from their service at the click of a button with very little fuss and don’t keep any of the rights to any books you submit. AND they let you pick where to distribute ebooks, so I can uncheck Amazon because I already have it there). I’ll loose that extra 10%, but it’s better than nothing.
They gave me a web page here with all available ebook vendors, I will be updating this as they are published.